Hoping to someday find M's brother adopted in the U.S. -
Myckola Oleksandrovych Markov - 8/26/2003

Friday, February 26, 2016

The Best Thing...


So, Brain Integration Therapy is cool.  The therapist told me stuff about D that Dr. Federici told me about D.  So I didn't learn really anything new about him.  It was the same info told in a different way.  
That's good though.  It means she knows what she's talking about.

What struck me the most in the middle of our conversation though was when she said, "Your kids have a lot of holes in the development."  Basically we don't know why they don't know how to do things.  A baby learns what a spoon is because mama is there putting food in its mouth saying "spoon" over and over.  Baby identifies the word "spoon" with the object "spoon" and later is able to read and write "spoon" all because of the developmental stages that took place with a loving and nurturing mother.  

Then we have M who at 4 1/2 didn't know what the heck a spoon was because they drank broth straight from bowls at her baby house.

The therapist was explaining that somewhere along the line she could tell that D had missed steps in his developmental process, but she said next was what floored me.

She said "You know, one of the best things you could do for your kids is to let them help with the baby.  Let them teach her how to do things as she grows because in order to teach something a person has to know how to do it.  As she grows and they teach her and play with her, they will fill in their own holes."  

Really.  The best thing for my kids apparently was me having a baby.

Apparently sometimes even when our life seems to have gone off down the crazy track at warp speed God was actually giving us exactly what we needed the most.








6 comments:

Emily said...

We had the same thing happen. I found out of I was pregnant (after 7 years of infertility) just 6 months after we finalized our adoption. Our baby is almost 2 now, and she has been THE BEST THING for the three girls we adopted. I'm so glad God gave you Little E. What a gift!

tbell071500 said...

Wow! I love this! Never thought of that before!

Tina

Nicole said...

ll have always thought a new baby is the best healing process possible
You won't believe the amount of babies coming after adoption ! :)

sylvie damey said...

That sounds promising !! Hope this will work out :-D

Penny said...

I'm having trouble with your recapcha on the Brain Integration post, not sure why - sorry to leave this on the wrong one. Here's what I was trying to say:

I knew there was a reason I accidentally left this window open with your blog. :) Please, check out this first! : http://integratedlistening.com/
The science is solid. As a "mom in the trenches", they will let you do the training (mostly online) and buy the equipment from them yourself, for probably the that same you're going to spend on the therapist - and then you could do it with ALL your kids. I can testify that it makes a difference, as a mom/user myself, and would be happy to share my experience (actually, I'm about to start using it again myself). Feel free to email me. I am not selling anything (you'd buy it from them), I just think moms should know about this!

glimpsesofchaoticparadise said...

I have often said how much that would help AG- to have a baby, to not only teach her appropriate ways to bond and attach, but to fill in SO many of her gaps.



We witness a miracle every time a child enters into life; but those who make their journey home across time and miles, growing within the hearts of those who wait to love them,are carried on the wings of destiny; and placed among us by God's very own hands. --Kristi Larson

 

ALL CONTENT IS COPYRIGHT AND MAY NOT BE COPIED OR REPRODUCED WITHOUT WRITTEN CONSENT OF THE AUTHOR. COPYRIGHT 2017