Hoping to someday find M's brother adopted in the U.S. -
Myckola Oleksandrovych Markov - 8/26/2003

Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Contemplating the upcoming school year

You might have noticed I updated my blog with several posts I wrote for The Mighty. I've been pleased to have several stories published lately.

I have kind of neglected this blog since I had surgery though, so as summer winds down and we begin school again, I plan to blog more.

The public schools in our county had their first day of school today. I don't plan to start school back up with the kids until after Labor Day though. I mean… its HOT! Its still summer!

We've been doing catchup work with D, V, E, and M all summer anyways. M is doing sooooo great! I am so proud of her. She needs her own post, and I'll get to it soon I promise.

I find myself in kind of the same place as last year. I know exactly what I want to get the kids to help them with school. I know which curriculum and which programs they need, but I lack the money to buy it.

This is SOOOOO frustrating because my kids were special education cash cows for the public school system. Thousands were brought in per year because of their disabilities, yet here I sit without a penny to their name for education funding. Its so crushingly unjust.

While I wrestle with being angry over all of that again, I am conspiring ways to make money.
Sell plasma? Donate an organ?

I've settled on writing. I am good at it and I like doing it. I want to write a children's book series about our rabbit, Daisy, who has more of an attitude than M. Seriously, she deserves to have books written about her, and people will buy them I know! I only have to get her to sign off on the rights to her story before I can begin "My Life as the Owner of 9 Humans."

I had grand plant that I'd write a memoir about M's adoption to fund our schooling needs. I got about halfway into it and was struck down with horrible pain from a cyst then ended up in emergency surgery a few days later. I just haven't gotten back into working on that book again yet as I've spent the last 6 weeks recovering. Phillip had to take two weeks off from work which also did not help our bank account. I seem to be going backwards rather than forwards with my efforts!

All of this is kind of rambling on just so I can get it out of my head. I was thinking of doing a GoFundMe post or something, but that just seems so desperate. Not that I am NOT desperate; I just hate to appear desperate. I'd rather go quietly sell a kidney than ask for money.

I did donate a cyst, but apparently those are not in high demand as the bills rolling in clearly show!

Somewhere along the line this summer, I did manage to find my sense of humor again. You'll notice the sarcasm dripping off of your screen if you look closely.


1 comment:

Endo_Life said...

I don't understand why you are not entitled to grants to help educate your children if so much was provided to the school. That makes no sense to me at all. I hope you can figure out a way to provide your children with the curriculum they need. I think what you did pulling them out of school and standing up against the school board was brilliant. Good luck xx ps I love that you are blogging again!



We witness a miracle every time a child enters into life; but those who make their journey home across time and miles, growing within the hearts of those who wait to love them,are carried on the wings of destiny; and placed among us by God's very own hands. --Kristi Larson

 

ALL CONTENT IS COPYRIGHT AND MAY NOT BE COPIED OR REPRODUCED WITHOUT WRITTEN CONSENT OF THE AUTHOR. COPYRIGHT 2017