Hoping to someday find M's brother adopted in the U.S. -
Myckola Oleksandrovych Markov - 8/26/2003

Friday, September 16, 2016

How are you so smart?

V asked me, if your mom was so mean and didn't care about you, how are you the smartest person every what was in this world? You know everything!

Owch.
His mom neglectful and substance abusing.
Mine simply abusive.
I said "Well I didn't learn things for her; I did it for me. I learned everything I could for ME."

Suddenly he saw. A weight lifted.
His bio mom has nothing to do wifh his worth or abilities. He can do things not to impress the mom he has now (me) but for himself. To better himseld. 

This is the gift I hope to pass on. The love of learning simply because its fun and does not require anyone else's approval.

I love my V so much.
He gets me.
I get him.
Our trauma, the mother wound, still hurts.

Maybe it always will. I get that.
Its ok. People were made to love and even if "she" screwed up, he didn't do anything wrong. I didn't either. We loved our mothers. They couldn't love us.

Now we learn to love ourselves.
I am forever gratefuk for these kids. They heal me more than I could ever heal them.

1 comment:

Blessed said...

What a meaningful story. Blessings on you all!



We witness a miracle every time a child enters into life; but those who make their journey home across time and miles, growing within the hearts of those who wait to love them,are carried on the wings of destiny; and placed among us by God's very own hands. --Kristi Larson

 

ALL CONTENT IS COPYRIGHT AND MAY NOT BE COPIED OR REPRODUCED WITHOUT WRITTEN CONSENT OF THE AUTHOR. COPYRIGHT 2017